Term 1, 2020
Tuesday 28 January
- Teachers return to school (Pupil Free Day)
Wednesday 29 January
- Students Grade 1-6 Resume school
- 2020 Foundation students visit new classrooms 9 - 10 am (optional)
Thursday 30 January
- 2020 Foundation students commence
Monday 3 February
- Cyber Presentation - ThinkUknow what young people see, say and do online? - All Grade 3-6 parents, carers and teachers.
Friday 7 February - Friday 27 March
- Interschool Sports. Please see Compass for more details.
Monday 17 February
- School Council Meeting
Tuesday 18 February
- Parent's Association AGM
Wednesday 19 February
- Curriculum Day - Students not required at school this day.
Tuesday 25 February
- Twilight Festival. BBQ to commence at 5:30pm
- School Photo Day
Monday 2 March
Parents Association - 7pm Special Meeting to elect office bearers.
Wednesday 4 March
School Council Nomination forms to be lodged by 4pm.
Monday 9 March
- Labour Day - Public Holiday
Friday 13 March
Whole School Working Bee 3:30-5:30pm followed with BBQ
Monday 23 March
- Grade 3 & 5 Statewide NAPLAN Practice DAy
_ School Council AGM 7:30pm
Tuesday 24 March
- Student-led Walk throughs
Friday 27 March
- End of Term 1. Finish time 2:30pm
Tuesday 14 April
- Term 2 commences
Tuesday 28 April - Friday 1 May
-Grade 5/6 Lady Northcote Camp
Mapping at Mullum
Grade 2 students have been investigating mapping in their maths sessions and communities during Inquiry time.
They made a list of vocabulary that described the location of objects and gave directions to a blindfolded partner using these words.
With a partner they studied maps of Ringwood to find familiar locations in our community.
Using playing cards as a game board, they wrote directional instructions for someone to follow to move one character to its destination.
This activity is part of the digital technologies and is ‘unplugged’ programing ie. It’s done without a computer.
11 March, 2020
Grade 3 students tackle Crosses
A Maths problem kept us thinking for quite a while in Grade 3.
It was called CROSSES.
We used the numbers 1-9 and arranged them in a cross, that part was easy.
The challenge was to have the numbers in the horizontal arm add to the same amount as the numbers in the vertical arm.
We found several solutions, but not all of the solutions.
We went on to examine what occurred in every solution.
Try it and see what you find.
4 March, 2020
Foundation students now well settled
Our Foundation students have started their school year with bright smiles!
They are excited to learn and have made new friends already.
We have started looking at letters and sounds, using our word of the week and the letters in our names.
We are learning to write our name clearly and count to 10 confidently.
24 February, 2020